Tis’ better to give than receive, right? ABSOLUTELY! Not only does the recipient feel like they are on the winning side, but so do you!
So, this fall, I ask you to think of one thing you can do to make it a day better for you and someone else. Just think of each of us making the world a better place, one act of kindness at a time…
Here are some suggestions:
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive thru or in line at a restaurant/coffee shop.
- Start a meal train for a friend in the hospital.
- Write a hand-written note of encouragement.
- Offer a new mother your services, whether it is to pick up groceries for her or watch baby while she naps.
- Visit an elderly person….even better do their yard without asking.
- Feed the poor with these bags.
- Forgive someone.
- Offer to read to someone bed-bound.
- Make these for your fitness instructor/fitness classmates to say thanks.
- Bring fresh flowers to someone in your thoughts lately.
- Pay for a service member’s meal at a restaurant.
- Leave your postal carrier a gift card to Starbucks.
- Offer some “walk-around” money to a college student.
- Tell your garbage collector thanks for all they do while bringing them cold drinks.
- Offer to pick up a friends child/children from school.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the grocery line, especially if you have less in your basket than them.
- Tell your office staff thank you for all they do with these.
- Volunteer at your local school or church.
- Pick up trash you see on the ground.
- Donate to your favorite cause. Even a small amount counts!
- Offer to walk dogs at an animal shelter or even better bring them all treats!
- Rake your neighbor’s yard when you rake yours.
- Adopt a family….or a child.
- Bring someone some homemade baked goodies just because!
- Volunteer or donate to a soup kitchen…especially during really cold nights or holidays!
I hope these have brought you some inspiration! Join me today in making someone smile today!
Can you think of other ways to “pay it forward?” Would love to hear!
(Outfit details in my menu under “Lavish Looks“)